Loading Events

« All Events

IGLC Monthly Intergroup Meeting

November 2 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm

|Recurring Event (See all)

An event every month that begins at 6:30 pm on day First of the month, repeating until March 1, 2021

Monthly Intergroup Liaison Meeting Monday, November 2nd 6:30 PM on Zoom or Dial In at  301 715 8592. Meeting ID: 810 0529 8663.  Passcode: 473809.  This month Jen G. from the Baltimore Area Intergroup Council will talk with us about the ICOAA. Jen was recently elected to a position on the Communications Committee. Please plan on bringing your questions on Monday to see how you may be able to participate at this conference next year.

DOCUMENTS FOR NOVEMBER MEETING: 

East West Forums –  FLYER

Baltimore Intergroup Extravaganza – FLYER

How to write an Agenda Item – FLYER

Living Sober No Matter What – FLYER

Making Time for God Through Service – FLYER

2021 Virtual NERAASA – FLYER

Next month!  December 7, 2020 – IGLC meeting with MGS Treatment Chair, Frank M.

Frank will be speaking and is asking for feedback on the following questions/inquiry from the GSO.  We ask that you review these questions with your groups and members, and plan to share your responses on December 7th with Frank.  GSO has asked for this information by 12/15 so Frank will only have one week after our meeting to summarize and convey our responses back to GSO. Please pass this on to your Bridging the Gap committees.

  1. Due to the pandemic, what has changed for carrying out BTG service? Have you been able to adapt BTG? Has it helped you start BTG near you?
  2. Communication with professionals at settings – Can you share any samples that have been effective?
  3. How do you experience the Traditions applying to BTG service work?
  4. Does your BTG committee participation in a Group Conscience with a Central Office or Intergroup, General Service District or Area Committee?
  5. How do you coordinate and find Volunteers? What has worked the best for you? What has been the biggest challenge? Anything to avoid?
  6. Where/how do you ask for volunteers? Announcements? Flyers? Newsletters? Private Social Media Page? Workshops? Any samples to share?
  7. What are your suggestions?
  8. How did you get started with a BTG committee?

 

Documents for October Meeting:

September 2020  . . . musing from your Delegate

AA Members Ask – Circular

70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages 1-13

70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages 14-26

70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages 27-39

70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages-40-70

We are back in the saddle with our guest speaker, Area 29 Delegate Cynthia T.  Cynthia will share a short presentation on the Financial addendum to the General Service Conference Report (attached). This meeting will also have Spanish translation; please pass this information on to the fellowship. Cynthia’s monthly Delegate Report is also attached.  You can find these at https://www.marylandaa.org/area-delegate.  Our General Service Office recently offered and 22 employees accepted early retirement this month.  Consequently we have lost an accumulation of 531 years of institutional knowledge at the General Service Office. Please check out the delegate report and bring your questions for Cynthia.
  • 11/3/20 IGLC Jen G. to discuss ICOAA

Details

Date:
November 2
Time:
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm

Venue

Zoom