Monthly Intergroup Liaison Meeting Monday, February 1st at 6:30 PM on Zoom or Dial In at 301 715 8592. Meeting ID: 810 0529 8663. Passcode: 473809. Spanish Translation Provided.
FEBRUARY INFORMATION . . . coming soon . . .
January 4, 2020 – IGLC meeting on the topic of Newsletters
We know most Intergroups have a monthly, some even have a weekly newsletter, but we know that some do not. We invited three speakers to come share on this topic and then we’ll open up for round robin participation. Each speaker will share for 5-10 minutes about format, software, topics, and general pros and cons. We are hoping to learn how to get a template started and what is involved in the upkeep. The following Intergroup (IG) Newsletter folks will lead us off:
Carla H. from OCAA; (Ocean City IG);
Mark D. and Rudy N. from WCI (West Central IG); and
Keith H. from SMIA (Southern Maryland IG).
DOCUMENTS FOR DECEMBER MEETING:
December 7, 2020 – IGLC meeting with MGS Treatment Chair, Frank M.
Frank will be speaking and is asking for feedback on the following questions/inquiry from the GSO. We ask that you review these questions with your groups and members, and plan to share your responses on December 7th with Frank. GSO has asked for this information by 12/15 so Frank will only have one week after our meeting to summarize and convey our responses back to GSO. Please pass this on to your Bridging the Gap committees.
- Due to the pandemic, what has changed for carrying out BTG service? Have you been able to adapt BTG? Has it helped you start BTG near you?
- Communication with professionals at settings – Can you share any samples that have been effective?
- How do you experience the Traditions applying to BTG service work?
- Does your BTG committee participation in a Group Conscience with a Central Office or Intergroup, General Service District or Area Committee?
- How do you coordinate and find Volunteers? What has worked the best for you? What has been the biggest challenge? Anything to avoid?
- Where/how do you ask for volunteers? Announcements? Flyers? Newsletters? Private Social Media Page? Workshops? Any samples to share?
- What are your suggestions?
- How did you get started with a BTG committee?
DOCUMENTS FOR NOVEMBER MEETING:
East West Forums – FLYER
Baltimore Intergroup Extravaganza – FLYER
How to write an Agenda Item – FLYER
Living Sober No Matter What – FLYER
Making Time for God Through Service – FLYER
2021 Virtual NERAASA – FLYER
Documents for October Meeting:
September 2020 . . . musing from your Delegate
AA Members Ask – Circular
70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages 1-13
70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages 14-26
70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages 27-39
70th GSC Finance Update Presentation – Final 8-15-20 (1)-pages-40-70
We are back in the saddle with our guest speaker, Area 29 Delegate Cynthia T. Cynthia will share a short presentation on the Financial addendum to the General Service Conference Report (attached). This meeting will also have Spanish translation; please pass this information on to the fellowship. Cynthia’s monthly Delegate Report is also attached. You can find these at https://www.marylandaa.org/area-delegate
. Our General Service Office recently offered and 22 employees accepted early retirement this month. Consequently we have lost an accumulation of 531 years of institutional knowledge at the General Service Office. Please check out the delegate report and bring your questions for Cynthia.
- 11/3/20 IGLC Jen G. to discuss ICOAA