- This event has passed.
IGLC Monthly Intergroup Meeting
March 1 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:30 pm on day First of the month, repeating until December 10, 2021
May’s Documents coming soon . . .
APRIL: Special Guests: Jen G. from the Baltimore Intergroup will follow-up on the ICOAA invitation and the meeting we discussed last month. Also, Linda J., Area 29 Policy & Procedures Chair, will visit to talk about their Committee collecting information on “what’s working AND what’s not working” for our virtual meetings. This will still leave us with time to catch up with you and your latest challenges and successes. On deck in May we will hear from Area 29 Registrar, Jeanine W. so plan to bring all your group and registration questions in May!
Hello again – Our next meeting for the Intergroup Liaison Committee is on March 1st at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. We’ll start a new series of allowing everyone to introduce and let us know what is happening in your Intergroup areas, and then we’ll move on to hear Alternate Delegate Kurt W. explain the CARC season which is now underway. CARC is the acronym for Conference Agenda Review Committee and this is Area 29’s annual process for reviewing the Conference agenda items to help our Delegate prepare for the General Service Conference.
Just some quick reminders and information about the Conference Agenda Review Committees and where/when they will meet. Respective flyers are attached. If it is possible to include your respective flyer in your newsletter, that would be appreciated. Maryland General Service will cover any costs associated with posting these to your websites and including them in your newsletters, if any. If you don’t presently have a newsletter, please print them and distribute them at your next Intergroup meeting.
CARC 1 Eastern Shore (Districts: 24, 25, 32, 37, 38, 46). CARC 1 is scheduled to meet March 17th @ 6:00 p.m.
CARC 2 Annapolis & Southern Maryland (Districts: 1, 6, 22, 23, 27, 31, 35, 36, 42). CARC 2 is scheduled March 6th at 8:30 a.m.
CARC 3 Central Maryland (Baltimore area) (Districts: 3, 4, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19, 28, 30, 33, 34, 39). CARC 3 is scheduled for February 20th at 10:00 a.m. and March 13, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.
CARC 4 Western Maryland (Howard Co. and Western MD) (Districts: 7, 9, 17, 20, 40, 41). CARC 4 is scheduled for February 21st at 1 p.m. and March 14th at 1:30 PM
February Topics: Public Information and Cooperation with the Professional Community, Planning of Statewide Intergroup Workshop, and Contribution Links on Websites.
DOCUMENTS FOR DECEMBER MEETING:
December 7, 2020 – IGLC meeting with MGS Treatment Chair, Frank M.
Frank will be speaking and is asking for feedback on the following questions/inquiry from the GSO. We ask that you review these questions with your groups and members, and plan to share your responses on December 7th with Frank. GSO has asked for this information by 12/15 so Frank will only have one week after our meeting to summarize and convey our responses back to GSO. Please pass this on to your Bridging the Gap committees.
- Due to the pandemic, what has changed for carrying out BTG service? Have you been able to adapt BTG? Has it helped you start BTG near you?
- Communication with professionals at settings – Can you share any samples that have been effective?
- How do you experience the Traditions applying to BTG service work?
- Does your BTG committee participation in a Group Conscience with a Central Office or Intergroup, General Service District or Area Committee?
- How do you coordinate and find Volunteers? What has worked the best for you? What has been the biggest challenge? Anything to avoid?
- Where/how do you ask for volunteers? Announcements? Flyers? Newsletters? Private Social Media Page? Workshops? Any samples to share?
- What are your suggestions?
- How did you get started with a BTG committee?
DOCUMENTS FOR NOVEMBER MEETING:
Documents for October Meeting:
September 2020 . . . musing from your Delegate
- 11/3/20 IGLC Jen G. to discuss ICOAA