The Archives collects AA memorabilia with historical significance. A display of some of the collection is maintained in the Intergroup office. Of particular interest are items of a local nature, although any and all AA memorabilia and documents are highly prized.
You can help tell the story!
Your records or other material of any type might be very useful in documenting, detailing, or describing the…
- History of an AA group or meeting in Cecil or Harford Counties—including those no longer meeting
- Development of our Northeastern Maryland Alcoholics Anonymous Intergroup
- General history of AA in northeastern Maryland
- Story of an individual AA member who helped found or guide a group or who had a reputation for carrying the message to alcoholics in northeastern Maryland
- History of an individual non-alcoholic who was instrumental in supporting AA in Cecil or Harford Counties
Carry the message with an interview.
- If you have part of the history, how about an interview? The archivist is happy to interview you about your group’s history and the people who put your group on the AA map.
- Or do you know someone you can recommend being interviewed?
- Or do you have a small group that would like to be interviewed together?
Interviews are recorded and transcribed as part of our oral history program. Interview material may be included in the Intergroup’s written or lectured history. However, in all cases anonymity remains our honored tradition.
The Archivist will help you assess your documents, written or oral records, papers, CDs, tapes, photos, memorabilia, books, or other artifacts. If you then donate…
- Your donation(s) will be safeguarded in accordance with best practices of the Alcoholics Anonymous archival program, the National AA Archives Workshop, and the Society of American Archivists. In all cases anonymity remains our honored tradition.
- All donations to NEMDAA Archives will be acknowledged and copyrights honored or transferred in accordance with Commonwealth of Maryland law.
When you earmark a monetary contribution for Archives here’s how your gift pays off…
- You carry the message through the Archives Road Show… purchase of exhibition and display materials, transportation of archival material to support AA programing; and duplicating, publishing, and printing; and the purchase of collectables to supplement NEMDAA archival displays and presentations
- You preserve our AA history… ensuring we have the right supplies for preservation or repair, acid free storage containers and supplies, and especially digital record keeping and storage software or hardware, and access to suitable framing products
- You record AA history… acquisition of research materials, subscriptions, and on-demand research inquires, recording and documenting equipment and supplies
- You grow the archives… facilitating deeds-of-gift, copyrights, and other legal documentation, or acquiring or facilitating professional assistance to ensure compliance with law and regulations
- You contribute to our Group Legacy Program… the on-going refinement and growth of our Cecil and Harford County group histories, which includes significant travel.
- You build our Oral History Program… the recoding of group and individual histories in northeastern Maryland
Want to help? Email… email@example.com